Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 4-5 servings
Hardy creamy soup -great for rainy or snowy days.
- 5 Leeks (white & green parts only) roughly chopped
- 3 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 cups rich chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- In large stock pot,melt butter and add leeks, along with garlic. Cook on medium heat just until soft; immediately add to stockpot potatoes and chicken stock. Lastly, add bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, until potatoes are fork tender. Remove herbs and blend until very smooth with either a handheld immersion blender or process in batches through food processor or upright blender. Once blended (add back to stock pot and add cream and stir. Remove from heat and serve immediately.